Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve been trying to decide which kind to use. I,ve read alot of others ideas, I saw some thing today when we went and found a SUV for my wife.
It was in a Santa Fe , Hyundai, there security system. Was a plug in and pull out devise that has a chip in it, and the car can,t be started with out it in..
The dealor said it would cost about $250...Anyone familar with this type and think it would work in my 67 SS Chevelle?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sounds to me like a key....

Think if you lost that thing,i know a chiped key will cost about 80 bucks to replace or get a spare.

The only thing that is going to stop a theif from taking your car is you. I'd get a paging alarm with starter disable. Stick it on your keychain and it will buzz/ring ece if your alarm goes off so you can go get'em.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would I get that type of alarm? Sounds like the started disable is like a shot off Switch. Or some thing in that order..
I never thought about if I lost the Key one..:)I would have to tear out the whole dash to get it started.. :(
I have a month or so before the car before the car is completed, I would like to make up my mine on some thing by early summer before I start cruising the bigger city areas.. Thanks for your advise, I need lots..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts