Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '72 Chevelle and it has swivel seats in it out of a mid-'70's monte or grand prix. they are great seats and all, however, i am 6'4" tall and my head hits the roof when i am sitting in the car. you can imagine how uncomfortable this is, not to mention how well i can see. i came across some seats out of a newer f-body that had been wrecked, and they look pretty good. i was wondering how hard it would be to put the f-bodies seats in my chevelle. could i set them back farther than they are suppose to be since i'm so tall? and can i get them low to the floor. i would appreciate any advice or suggestions. also how much should i give for the seats, they are leather and in fair condition?

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
I paid $750 for the seats in the below pictures. If you pay $400 or should be happy.

As far as the install goes I may can toss you a bone or two. The seats I orderd had sliders already installed. The termintated into vetrical ends about 2.5" high. I used 3" wide pieces of angle iron (4"x3") as the medium for mounting.

This allowed me to control pitch as well as height. I am just about 6' tall and it works out fine. Friend is 6'4" at least and he doesn't hit the roof. find out how high the seats are form floor base to your ass. Or sit in the and have some one measure floor to your head.
www.auburnextremeracing.org/drivers/mike/seats

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, TH400, 3.73 posi,
13.1sec @ 105 MPH (poor 2.1 sixty foot and rookie tuning)
--will be racing at Chevellebration 2001!--
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
hey mike dude what did you do about that rust?

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
Guess I didn't put up the post fix pictures of them 'ey? -oops-

I took out as much bad metal as I could and had just enough of a lip to plate the hole. Not the best fix in the world. But after about 40 rivots, some seam sealer and a final coating of por-15 I'm a happy camper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts