Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on seats. Someone hass replaced the back seat out of some kind of Oldsmobile I THINK.Is this possible? The fronts are buckets but not original.They have the same hard backs like they should. The button to allow you to fold them down seems to be in the right place on the upper out side. Where they bolt down seems to be a little wider though. What this all amounts to is that I was going to order the re-upolstery kits from one of the suppliers like Nat'l Parts Depot but now I am afraid to do so as they may not fit; any suggestions? I even called the lasr owner and he had no clue what they were out of. The buckets to me resemble the ones in a 68 (from pictures).I'm lost and somewhat disgusted. Any help PLEASE!! Thanks Steve

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Steve, I got your e-mail saying that your car is a '67 Malibu. The strato bucket seat style was used in different configurations in all A body GM cars from '66 to '72. I think the '66 and '67 seat backs had no backrest lock, whereas the '68 had a release button on the side and the '69-'72 had them at the top center of the backrest cover. Each headrest was supported by two chrome bars on the '69-'72, '68 and earlier had no headrests. The tracks should line up the same on all years. My '69 has the original bucket seats, if you need a measurement, tell me where to measure and I'll post another reply.
Rich

·
Registered
948 Posts
My 67 buckets have a chrome button on the outer side of the seat & is original. It should only fold forward. I'll see if I can get a pic or find one & send it to you. Hope this helps. Also, there were headrests for 67's from what I've heard, but they were very rare.

------------------
Jay W.
In-the-works 67 Malibu
surferwagons.8m.com

·
Administrator
3,375 Posts
Yes, the 67's had the lock (big safety year).
The seat tracks could be from an olds or pontiac but this shouldn't affect the covers as 'A' body seats are the same.
Your foam might not want to comply to the new covers as smooth as you would like, depending on what is on them now.
and, ummm, I would like to recommend our sponsor Ground Up, should you be ordering the covers. NPD is fine, but Ground Up really believes in us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.