Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in the process of recovering my sons bucket seats in his 67 chevelle. We are using new foam. I think I may have bit on more than I can chew. Got the bottom of one done and it looks good. But what a job!!! We are having one H of a time trying to get the backs done. Any pointers on this or past expeiences would be of great help I'm sure. Thanks Steve

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've never recovered seats, but I know that they always tell you to leave the covers out in the sun for a little while before you install they. This makes them more flexible and easier to install. I think I read this tip in the Year One catalog.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa.
1972 El Camino
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
Recently did this job on some bench seats and got advice to use silicone spray or put a thin plastic bag (like from a dry-cleaner's) over the foam to allow the new covers to slip on easier. Lucky for me I did not need to use the above advice for some reason.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
the plastic is a good idea above carpet padding comes with it on top so the carpet can slide over it (during install) to keep the foam from bunching up. good luck
im next

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle9.jpg members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/350.jpg
John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r (soon to be 355 or 383)

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
80 Posts
the idea about plastic covers is right on the money.

I got a '67 and just did the same w/ '71 buckets; it didn't seem to me to be possible to get the cover on without plastic over the foam; this made is fairly easy--especially since I took the covers off a few times to make adjustments for fit.

I tried the sprayed silicon idea--but it seemed like you'd have to really douse it w/ liquid to have any effect, so that seemed more like a way of making a mess. Try the plastic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A garbage back over the seat did the trick for me

don’t forget to take it out of under your covers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.