Team Chevelle banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been recently quoted a price of $390 to redo my front buckets and rear seat in my 70. I am providing all materials including the seat buns. This is from the supposed best place around milwaukee. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
i paid $250

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did my own and they turned out perfect! Save lot's of cash if you have the time. I have had people offer me money to do theirs but I try to tell them, it's really not that bad to do! :D
I think you can see them in my picts in my sig.
Just a thought

later,

Tom

·
Registered
552 Posts
I seen them do it on Horsepower TV. Looks easy, just need the hog ring pliers and some hog rings. I'm gonna try it one day on one seat first, then if it doesn't work out, I'll have someone fix it.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
That's about right.
The place I've used for the last couple of projects charges $150-$175 labor for a front bench, $100 for each bucket, and $150 for both rear pieces.
I supply the covers...usually have them dropped shipped to them directly from the vendor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Price is very reasonable. In Chicago I was quoted 2 hrs on rear seats and 8hrs per bucket from several shops. I ended up recovering mine myself. Not an easy job at all. The rear seat was a piece of cake done in an hr. The buckets were a total bear. becareful with the new seat buns..I am a tall guy @ 6'2-6'3 and now with the new foams my head just fits in with the top up. So as not to vendor bash in here email me if you bought a "kit" I have a very poor experience mine are aztec bronze and within a year they are now a cranberry color. my car is garaged and covered and driven mostly on weekends and even wehn left out i keep the car cover with and cover it and the color faded and they would not stand behind the covers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts