Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone enlighten me. I have found a very nice '67 Chevelle bench seat. Would it be the same seat frame as a 1965 2dr bench?

·
Premium Member
17,566 Posts
There will be slight differences, such as the '67+ having a seat back release lever, and of course, the seat needs to be from another 2-door model, because the 4-door bench does not flip forward for rear seat access... But if it is an early Chevelle seat, they use the same foam and upper/back springs from 64-67.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be slight differences, such as the '67+ having a seat back release lever, and of course, the seat needs to be from another 2-door model, because the 4-door bench does not flip forward for rear seat access... But if it is an early Chevelle seat, they use the same foam and upper/back springs from 64-67.

Thank you for the information. My '65 came with Chevelle buckets, not sure what year '66 -'67? they do have metal backs on them. I want to go back to a bench.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
My '65 came with Chevelle buckets, not sure what year '66 -'67? they do have metal backs on them.
'66 and '67 buckets both had metal backs and lower side shells. '66 were non-locking and '67 had a chrome lock button on the outboard side of each seat back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts