Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to change the color of my 67 Chevelle seatbelts? i will be going from gold to black. I really dont think it would be to hard to die the belt it self. But what about the clips?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Applying dye (like RIT from the grocery store) is pretty easy and it works well. Just make sure that you wash it prior to installing it in the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Be careful about doing anything this drastic to your seatbelts. The dye MAY deteriorate and weaken your belts (unless you're one of those macho idiots who refuses to wear seatbelts). Even in this case, if someone is injured as a result of seatbelt failure they may have very good grounds for a lawsuit. Going from gold to black should be easy since many reproduction belts are available.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you want to keep the original ID tags on your belts, check with Ssnake-Oyl Products. They will give you a quote on a color change and will be able to sew on your ID tags if you are looking to stay original. I have used them with 2 cars and have been very happy. Phone # is 800-284-7777.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.