Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this POS velle and have been trying to get it straightened out, for a year now. Everything I fix, creates a whole new set of fixes.

There was some POS stereo in the dash and I removed it, to clean up all the hanging wires from under the dash. Then the motor would not shut off, after you turn the key off. You also could just use a screwdriver to start it. I had to put a switch in the ignition hot lead to be able to shut the motor off.

Should I just pull the dash (I need to rebuild the heater controls and fix the blower motor) and rip all the wiring out and re wire the "underdash" with a new loom?

Or search for my gremlin or gremlins?

Bill67

------------------
Been into dirt bikes forever and new to muscle cars. 67 2-dr 300 Dlx, 350/350, posi, rallys.

[This message has been edited by Bill67 (edited 12-31-2001).]

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Me?
I'd at least chase the problem to figure out what is going on before replacing everything. The shotgun approach works sometimes but you may end up replacing more than you want. It's up to you. Questions if you want to chase it.
Do you have a aftermarket MSD box under the hood? Where do you use the screwdriver to start the car? Where did you have to install the kill switch to shut the engine off?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,

I don't know the first thing about electrical. I don't have an MSD, just a 70's HEI distributor.

All was well with the car until I decided to pull out the POS radio and clean up all the wires hanging from under the dash.

I'm also going to take this time to fix the heater blower and controls.

Thanks
Bill

------------------
Been into dirt bikes forever and new to muscle cars. 67 2-dr 300 Dlx, 350/350, posi, rallys.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Well, a lot of guys who wander into this section don't know much about electrical stuff either. I kinda figure that's why they ask a question. If you want to fix it you will need a tester or better yet a cheap VOM. When you are ready to start, post back.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts