Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put a coat of epoxy on the bottom. the plan is to cut the trans and driveshaft tunnels, do a mini tub, fix a little rust that was under the rear seat??? and then rough it up and put another couple coats of epoxy on it. i then want to shoot the bottom with g2, use a little rage to smooth some stuff out, shoot my sealer and then base and clear it. i was originally going to weld EVERY seam and smooth the whole bottom, but the amount of work needed is a little too much even though it would be bitchen when done. so now im left with seam sealing the joints.

so now the questions...

im going to use a good 2 part sealer from sem, 3m etc... but whats the difference btwn the firm and soft. now i obviously know ones firm and ones soft, but what are the advantages/disadvantages/uses for the two? i would think that the firm would be better for me since the bottom is getting based and cleared and it would hopefully keep the paint from chipping. should i do my filler work and then seam sealer? would the g2 flake off of the seam sealer if i shot it after it was sealed? if i sealed every seam on the bottom of the car, would i cause any harm? i thought the only seams that didnt get sealed were the ones between the floor pans and braces, although ive seen pictures of guys doing this.

also, how many tubes to do a car. sem sells them in 7 oz tubes. i would think no more than 3 tubes would do it. am i right?

thanks, Tim

·
Registered
85 Posts
Soft flows out and makes a glassy smooth finish, firm patches big holes and stays there, doesn't smooth out. Each has it's own place in sealing, soft is not going to work overhead, firm will etc.. I like them both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.