Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a set of "Chevrolet" script valve covers with no breather holes and would like to know what years these were used on Chevelles?

To the best of my knowledge they were not used in Canada on Chevelles, but I like the looks anyhow. Just another inquire from one of those guys north of the border that drive those slightly different Chevelles.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Chevrolet script covers were used on '55 -'58 small blocks, then Chevy changed the bolt stagger. The Chevrolet script continued until '62 when they wer replaced with a new design with a horizontal crease and a rectangular in the center. Surprisingly the Chevrolet script covers came back for 1 year, '67. As for the Canadian-manufactured cars not using them, that echos what I've seen and heard. I believe the Canadian cars lacked the Chevrolet script because Chevy engines were also going into Pontiacs and Beaumonts, sometimes with decals for some applications. Perhaps someone could substanciate this info and make corections if necessary..

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Our '67 Chevelle with the 327-275 HP engine was built in Atlanta and has the script valve covers. I think the SS350 Camaros had these same covers in Chrome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The L-79, 325HP 327 in 67 used the same valve covers, only they were chrome. If anyone has a good set they will part with reasonably, I would be interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.