Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard drive fixed computer working great all down loads from MS done,Norton installed and updated,Reinstalled Firefox Then a plug in adapter for firefox from Adobe NOW it started doning this!

Screen goes blank........Beep......beep......beep.......beep,Cant turn it off I have to hold the button until it shuts off,And continues when I turn it back on if I tap on the case and retry it starts fine, But it doing it 6 times so far and seams to be running slow now.

Windows XP
HP 850 system

I did down load the "see whats running program" How do I use this program and what can I turn offf to increase my speed

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Try taking out your memory, cleaning off the dust, and blow out the contacts on the mother board. Re-seat everything and try again. Sounds like your computer is giving off a error code.

Do you get any text on the screen?

Big D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been to the HP web site and saw they have a BEEP codes also but its not like code,Just like a alarm clock....x....x....x....x, No specific "code like" tone or length,Or is that what its suppost to be?

Try taking out your memory, cleaning off the dust, and blow out the contacts on the mother board. Re-seat everything and try again. Sounds like your computer is giving off a error code.

Do you get any text on the screen?

Big D
No, Not getting any error codes or text on screen,Just pops to black, But I will watch for one.

sounds a lot like a heat problem. Or the temperature diod isnt properly hitting the CPU. I know mine did this because of the diod problem.
Its only done it once when it was on all day, Its mostly when I start it in the morning, BUT I did have one heat sink that fell off and has been sitting in the bottom for who knows how long,I did fix that well it was apart.

I did also clean and blow out everything with my air compressor, How do I find the "temp diod". And I will pull and reseat all plug ins.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what was the heatsink for?

beeping still sounds like a beep code... it'll repeat itself over and over.
This is my first computer repair, NEWBIE :eek:

I really dont know what the heatsink was for, it was on something about 1 1/2 Sqd, I only noticed it by the goo on the back of the sink on the goo on the surface of the unit.

Next time it beeps I will count and listen for any veryations in sound.

I did have a code pop up this morning, First time I have seen this one.

TRAP 000000005=========EXCEPTION========================
TR=0028 CRO=800000011 CR2=000000000 CR3=00039000
gdt limit=0FF base=003F00 idt limit=o7FF base=0003F4000

CS:eip=0008:00405FF7 SS:ESP=0010:00060DD8 errorcode=000
flags=00010046 No Cy Zr Intdis Down trap Dis

EAX=00000 Ebx=000000 exc=0000000 edx000000004a ds=0010 es00010
ep1=00431a23 esi=00060e8c edp=00060 ddc cr0=80000011 fs=003 gs=00

--------------------------------------------

I did pull and push all connections this morning and the windows came up differnt "Classic style" but I did not change them?

·
Registered
793 Posts
count the exact beep codes and look them up for your bios. It depends on whether it is a software vs hardware beep but it appears to be a hardware beep. Might be the video card if your using a pci or agp variety. Your mother board manufacturer should be able to give all beep codes and there meaning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts