Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 Black Chevelle. I was waxing it and noticed these scratches in the paint from swirling the wax pad .I thought that there was sand or something on the pad. They arn,t deep like figer-nail scraches.
Any good wax to use to get these out .............
-------------------------------------------------------thanks
67 SS 410

·
Premium Member
8,640 Posts
I have a 70 Black SS 454 M-22 El Camino. My buddy is a body man at a Chevrolet dealership. I had some scratches in my black. He used a Black fill and glaze that they use on black cars. If you look you can see them but you realy have to look. Depending on the marks this may help!! It may be worth a try. Bob ACES AACA
P.S. My Camino is a show car and I always use sponges for wax on-- and wax off. Same as washing NEVER TOWELS sponges only.
This works for me, Good Luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wax can't really be used to "get out" the scratches. All it can do is fill the scratch if it is small enough. Wax is basically a sacrificial covering. If the scratch is actually in the paint the only way to get it out is buffing or if it's big enough block sanding with 3K grit and then buffing. If it's just a swirl mark you can use swirl remover on your buffer.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great info guys, I,ll give those solutions a try. I know Black is tough.
I will have to invest in a new Buffer........Thanks
----------------------
67 SS Original Metal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts