Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Whew, you are really digging into an interesting period of Hot Rodding with that swap! Many people don't realize that the mini pickups offer some of the lightest cheap full frame platforms for drag racing. Years ago I had a friend who ran a 427 in a LUV truck, and a cousin with 400 smallblock LUV truck - talk about getting in trouble without even trying hard!

O.K., back to the original question. I can't say who still offers what you are looking for, I seem to remember Don Hardy Race cars (at least that's what I think the company was called) as offering a kit once upon a time. Depending on his standards, it should not be difficult to do the swap on a custom basis with a bit of patience.

What I would do first is to see if ANY header vendor still has a part number on the books for headers in such a combo. If so that may lead you to a vendor for the other parts you will need.

Good luck, Thomas

------------------
"Bomber" '67 El Camino, Beater comes back to life.
Was 350/TH350 14.90 @ 93mph, 360,000+ miles on car.
Now 406 roller, 340rwhp, more hp coming, 3.08 gears.
Street radials, left in drive, 13.20 [email protected] mph.
8/1/01 added Plum Mist '67 to collection
ProCharger D-2R 468 under construction.

·
Registered
501 Posts
A Bud of mine has one with a 4.3ltr v-6 in it, and it is crammed. You are talking Major firewall mods!!! at least. Probbally making a new tunnel also. Get the welder and sheetmetal out. It would probbally be eaiser to cut the firewall and tunnel out, and then build in your tunnel and firewall.

------------------
350 TBI EFI Supercase Muncie 4speed 12bolt 3.73's
Bench Blue w/black inter. [email protected]
"UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!" Beldar

My 69 Chevelle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.