Team Chevelle banner

Sbc roller rockers

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  ZEN357 
#1 ·
What do you guys run for roller rockers? Are the scorpions any good? How about the summit brand rockers? I’m looking for 7/16 1.6 rockers. Thank you.

#8 ·
This is what I ( I mean my son has) (engines now in my sons 67 C10) have EXCEPT the old style without the gussets.
Gotta be 10+ yrs now and just checked lash/inspection, new gaskets etc, before we put the 406 in his truck and all was perfect.
Never an issue with anything. 13yr old AFR 195 Comps. >260/269 dur @ .050, .630 lift street driven SR.

My other son has the ones above for 2+ yrs now with zero issues.
AFR heads also.;)
Just our experiences.

#12 ·
There is less than $60 difference between those Lunati's and the CompCams Pro Magnum's.My choice between those two would be the Pro Magnums.

#7 ·
With the aftermarket heads the distance between the stud and the valve is shorter. With most cams around .600"lift, std rockers designed for OEM type heads with stock length valves won't give good geometry. We have a USA made rocker that we have corrected the geometry on. These much like our BBC rocker that comes in 2 different geometric configurations. They give the best geometry and won't ware out valve guides quickly.

#11 ·
I have a set of those that came with a bunch of parts I bought. https://cranecams.com/rocker-arms/energizer-aluminum/ I thought when I was looking over what I got.....They looked a little inexpensive(I'm Being Kind Here). Some might say if one wanted to impress friends that you had "Roller Rockers", you could pull the Oil Fill Cap and see them....if you get my drift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.