Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting from 350SB to a Gen6 BB. The car is a 72 with ps/pb, ac. The BB water pump is long style. Will the sb water pump pulley work ? What about the ps pulley? I know I need a BB crank pulley, alt brackets and ps brackets but will the sb ps pump work with BB brackets ? Finally, I'm guessing that I need all new ac brackets and supports. I'm looking at pictures and the front and rear ac mounting brackets look simular for SB and BB's. Are any of the ac brackets interchangable?
Thanks for the help !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ray,
I'm just finishing a similar project. The PS pulley must be a double to work. They were used on both sb's & BB's. I bought one from T. Williams for $39. I was able to use the sb. water pump pulley, (also a double row) I am using the old(long) compressor.Even though some of the brackets look the same, they dont fit. I had to buy a complete set from Ausleys to get the two peices I needed.
I have an extra set minus two if you need them. I used the only ones that bolt to the frt.and back of the comp.I hope this helps.
Raveon [email protected]

·
Registered
151 Posts
These are all for a Rat Motor.

PS adj. bracket 14015391
PS main bracket 14015392
PS pulley 3941107 (2 groove)
WP pulley 14023155
Crank (can't find the #, but it's 3 groove)

·
Registered
777 Posts
This is good info, I am going through the same dilema...one question I have is if these part numbers are good for use with a small block PS pump or do I have to but a new BB PS pump? I have the small block PS pump still hooked up and would like to keep it. It has a single groove pulley that I hope will work if there are any brackets for this conversion. Does anyone have experience/recommendations for this?

Thanks again for the great help...we're getting close to back on the road!!

BC

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.