Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a small block with Sanderson Cast headers? I'm having a ____ of a time trying to mount A/C, P/S pump and Alternator. Any ideas? Seems I wanted to avoid the hastles of tube headers and mired myself with bracket and steering box issues...:confused:

1967 327

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've heard repeatedly for years that sanderson is lousy for customer service and response to complaints, take forever to ship, and sometimes ship just one side and backorder the other....no personal experience.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I have the BB version on the 59
Had to mill the flanges for access to the temp sender, and A-6 AC bracket holes.

Not really using any of this, but I wanted the access just in case.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Anyone running a small block with Sanderson Cast headers? I'm having a ____ of a time trying to mount A/C, P/S pump and Alternator. Any ideas? Seems I wanted to avoid the hassles of tube headers and mired myself with bracket and steering box issues...:confused:

1967 327
First I've heard of this...Got pics? additional info/details. I have set that my shop is supposed / planning to put on my SB if they ever come in. I don't have a/c now but plan on it sometime in the future. Do have P/S though. Thanks for any help...I may be able to cancel the order if the probs sound too big. I'm about 100 miles from Sanderson BTW, and my daughter lives pretty close to their operation in South SF. Wonder what kind of support you get if you show up in person? Thx in advance.

·
Registered
1972 Chevelle SS
558 Posts
I have them on my '72 with AC and power steering. I had them done by my mechanics son who owns a custom restoration shop and all he uses are Sanderson Headers. He had to modify the AC bracket but thats all I believe. Other than that they look good and I havent had any problems with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts