Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pressurized blaster from Northern Hyd. 20 gal. Has anyone used these types ? Any tips for keeping sand dry ? Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
339 Posts
Best thing I've found is to spread the sand on concrete in the sun and let it dry. I blast out on the concrete when I can and just sweep up the used sand and reuse it. A little dirt and rust might make it work better. Mine is obviously not an enclosed box type. tom

·
Premium Member
9,796 Posts
Just keepimg the sand inside until it is used is a good start. I now live in the desert and dryness is not a problem. But when I lived back in the humid areas, keeping sand dry could be done by just storing it in a trashcan with a lid.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
If you can't do it outside make sure anything you don't want media in is covered well! I sandblasted in my garage last year and i'm still finding Black Beauty everywhere! Good Luck, Narti

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am using a 40 pound tank blaster from Harbor Freight Tools.

As others have stated make sure the sand is DRY!

I wear a hood and heavy welding gloves. My tail gate is up on saw horses near the garden away from things. It works good on the hard to get into places.

I sift the play-ground sand with a screen thing from Eastwood to get any larger objects out that could clog the nozzel.

The amount of sand used is significant for a blasting session. Someone above stated recaliming the sand which seems like a good idea if you have an area to capture it. Right now my sand is going on the ground with no way to recover it.

I am concerned about getting sand inside of the tail gate as it will hold moisture and rust from the inside out.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.