Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Guys, can anyone please post a picture of a 1970 interior in "saddle". I have been looking in some mags to see what it looks like, but haven't found it yet. NPD lists it as an available colour, but does not show a picture in the older catalogue that I have. Thanks in advance....R. B.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sorry, I'm no good at getting links on here. Go to this site's home page. Scroll down to bottom. Near bottom left click on 1970. There you will find the 70 sales brochure which features a Cranberry Red with Saddle interior SS.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
I'll try to dig some pics up, I have a saddle interior '70. In reality, they are two-tone interior cars.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Saddle or dark saddle? I can try to send you some pics of a dark saddle rear seat that's out of my car at the moment. (Just got the digital camara, haven't installed the software yet because the computer has started doing the infamous Microsoft Windows screen freeze.)

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Guys....I have a hard time being brief. Here goes. I have a 1969 Beaumont convertible. At first I didn't like the colour...midnight green, but it is beginning to grow on me. The top is white and the interior is that pearly white colour called parchment. I would like to change the colour scheme, top and interior, to a sort of fawn beige colour. The top is easy, cause lots of places will line up to do the work for big $'s. However, consulting the NPD parts catalogue and lots of other reliable sources including this club, I find there was no "saddle" available for 1969. On the other hand, the 1970 stuff looks like it would fit. If so, and that's a mighty big "if", I could get the 1970 stuff and continue with my colour conversion without relying on dyes etc. The NPD catalogue shows the 1970 seats appearing identical to 1969, the only difference in the covering is a tiny vertical bar in the seatback for 1970. Now the owners of 1970's may be going to give me a big kick in the seat of the pants when they read this, and tell me that the seats are quite different. Might as well find out. I assume the saddle is a nice soft beige or fawn colour. Thanks. R. B.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
1970 Chevelle with "770" vinyl trim bench seat in "Saddle":

This is a nice soft "tan" color.

"Saddle" interior vehicles in '70 were actually two-tone. Saddle seats, saddle package tray, saddle type headliner, but the dash, carpet, a-pillars, kick panels, etc were "brown", actually "dark saddle". This is NOT the same dark saddle as found in '71+ cars. The '70 color has more "orangy" color in the dash paint.

I found the original tag under my original carpet and it stated 'dark saddle'.

Here's a pic of my dash:

Sorry for the quality of pics, it's late.

[This message has been edited by Coppertop (edited 04-29-2002).]

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Coppertop and Randy ... point well taken about two different saddle colors.
RB...The 70 bucket seat covers will fit but obviously will not have the 'correct' pattern for 69. The back seats should be the same too (Coupe and convert have different back seats). I am not sure about the door panel fit. Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear Guys...first off, thanks for taking the time to help....Coppertop, special thanks for the pics. I am going to look at 1970 Chevelles in my neck of the woods before making a final decision ( I assume door panels can be dyed if necessary...espcially over parchment ) As to the two-tone colour scheme, as I now have white, and they seem to give you a lot of black with a white interior...you know all the places ) I am accustomed to these little peculiarities...so, no prob. The cost of the convertible top may be a factor, but I'm gonna need one some day...so a change is in the wind. I hope nobody with green and white is offended...I like white with burgundy and certainly with blue, but I prefer the soft brown shade with green...quite common on late model Firebird convertibles...okay that's it for now. Thanks very much for the assistance. R. B. Any further comments about colour choice, painting, dyes etc. still welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts