Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the car(71 malibu) Someone had cut the stereo out of itand didn't do a good job and there are crooked and ragged edges. What should i do, or what can i do with out replacing the entire dash?

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
If you are going back to a stock radio, you will have to replace the dash if its that badly cut up. 95% of damaged dashes I have seen are cut up in the radio area, so its hard to find a dash that is damaged in some other way and graft in good pieces. If you are using an aftermarket radio, you can try to make some kind of plate to make it look as good as possible, otherwise its replacement time.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine was the exact same way. It looked like someone took a jigsaw to it! I didn't want the stocker, so I got a pioneer detachable face CD (on sale of course). IT came with the mounting "sleeve" Which has prongs that bend outward to keep it seated behind the dash. They are ment for "most any" application, and tend to help with the over cutting error. Mine fit pretty good. The radio is in securely.... For theft reasons be sure to attach the chassis ground piece on the back of the radio. You want a picture?

------------------
have now>>>>> am building
2.73 open 10bolt>>>>>>3.73 posi 12bolt
350>>>>396 w/nitrous
TH350>>>>TH400 (haven't found one yet...)
shooting for 12s in 1/4
college student budget!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to see a picture, That's probably what i will end up doing.

What does a dash run in price?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to see a pic, that's probably how i will end up doing it.

What does the price of a dash run?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.