Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
69, I am looking for the rubber seal (boot) that is at the top of the steering shaft (opposite end of the shaft is the rag joint)
Mine is torn and I haven't had any luck finding one. Maybe it's because I don't know how to describe it!!!

------------------
TC #364
Aces #4309
Jeff's 69

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
If you talking about the rubber boot that is at the top end of the intermediate shaft, and its kind of like a CV joint, good luck! As far as I know a used one is the only place you will find one. I have never seen that reproduced yet. You might try Metro Moulded Rubber in **** Rapids, MN. They make a lot of rubber that is not commonly sold anywhere else.

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"
Musclecar Restoration and Design

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick I was afraid of that. I sent a note to Metro, but didn't see it in their online catalog. Sundell is looking for a decent used one. If those leads don't work out, might try to find something similiar from the local parts store and modify it somehow.
Wait I got It.... Where did I leave that rubber welding machine...

------------------
TC #364
Aces #4309
Jeff's 69

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rick, I was afraid of that. I sent a note to Metro, but didn't see it in their online catalog. Sundell is looking for a decent used one. If those leads don't work out, might try to find something similiar from the local parts store and modify it somehow.
Wait I got It.... Where did I leave that rubber welding machine...

------------------
TC #364
Aces #4309
Jeff's 69

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have one that is nos that I found a couple of years ago. Is there a part Number on the inside of the seal? Reply with the number to see if they match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.