Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing original equipment power window set into a 70 Chevelle that did not have them originally. The windows and regulators are now installed, holes cut and boot between door and body installed and the breaker and all wiring was connected and tested. Windows worked.
Now I am trying to route the wiring into its correct locations. Can someone give me an idea of how it is run.

I assume after coming through the boot from the driver door that the wires go upward through hole. The next component would be the power window relay and so where does it mount? Does the wiring for the passenger door go above the gauges along with the dash harness? How about the wiring going aft for the rear windows, does it run along with the intermediate harness under the drivers seat, I see the power seat relay wire? While I am at, how is it run under the rear seat and to the rear windows.

Pictures would really be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The right front harness is routed along the top of the under dash area between the dash harness and the firewall, over the glove box and down to the boot. The rear harness is routed inside the plastic wire duct with the intermediate or body harness. It exits the wire duct where the floor pan makes the horizontal to vertical transition. Plastic clips with sheet metal screws hold the harness on the vertical sheet metal. The relay gets mounted just above the left kick panel. Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elree,

I sent a couple pictures to your e-mail to spot the right mounting places. Please drop me a line or call the phone number if you got a minute. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Assembly manual for my 68 shows positions of relays but no routing info.

I know you are getting pix from Restoring70Malibu, but here is a handy reference I found last night.

http://buickperformance.com/PW.htm

This answered one of my questions about regulator orientation. AND it has relay/wire routing info that is likely applicable for your 70. I imagine the Buick and Chevy A-bodies were done the same.

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm doing my PW conversion while my car is in pieces and not trying to retrofit to a finished car. Painful!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts