Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i haven't been on here fora while. i was on every day, but i got laid off in the beginning of march and haven't had as much access to the computer.
i decided to build a rotisserie for the 2 chevelles im rebuilding. i used a set of plans from someone on here but i made a couple changes to it. i will post some pics of it on here in the next couple days. i sprayed it with primer today and im gonna paint it tomorrow. on sunday, i plan to put it back together and put my frame on it. it looks similar to this picture i found on here...

·
Registered
728 Posts
I built my own also. I used a different concept. I built it cherry picker style cylinder that goes in from side of body. This way I can raise and lower body and wheel it onto chassis.
Mine is not near as pretty but It was free from scrap metal at work.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

well, here are the pics. i took them yesterday after i got the frame on it and spun it around a few times. works great!!
there are more pics in the photobucket link below my sig.
thanks for all the great ideas from everyone on here. i will be able to get moving on the progress a little faster now that i have this.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
if you do that, you may not be able to spin it. the way mines balanced, the rotation pt is 48" off the base and it just barely clears.

also, there is no need to build any sort of gadget to get it on or off quicker. mine has jacks and it took me less than an hour to put the body back on. and that was by myself.

lower the back as much as possible that still allows the frame to roll under, support the front with a engine hoist, roll the frame under, lower the front to the body mount points, lower the back to body mount points and youre done. its really that simple.

tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts