Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update pics of the '66 Malibu wagon project...
This frame was just painted last weekend. ;)
Finished assembly and loaded up today. Headed off tomorrow morning back to the body shop to be rejoined with it's freshly painted better half. :hurray:
The complete motor is an Aug '65 dated 325 hp 396, rebuilt about 3K miles ago. Now a mild 402, with a UD Harold 302A6 cam. Originally from a FL based '66 Elky (Hi Rich!).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW...
For the '66 guys...I found a partial VIN stamped in two places. Both on the top side of the frame-driver side, one just past the mid section body mount. The other just below the fuel tank filler (side fill on wagon).
Also, the rear upper control arm is reinforced. I thought this was only on performance applications?? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
How did you get that much done in a week? My frame is painted now too, but it is taking me longer to get to that point where you are:sad:

Nice job, now fly on up here and do that to mine too. If your wife asks jst tell her you are going to visit your grandparents old place in cecil, I'm not far`from there anyways;)

Jeff

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Bill, that reinforcement was where they cut the corner off to clear the housing and that was the fix . Came factory that way.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What happened to the beautiful purple coating on the front springs? ;) :D
:D
I meant to tell you about that Derek...
I painted them chassis black but they turned grey as you can see. :confused:
I'm curious to see how the rear springs work. Remember, they're 200 lbs...the 150 & 175 lbs were NIS. No biggie, an easy swap later.
Mark's control arm's are sweet. :cool:

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sheesh Bill, talk about wasting no time :D. You're gonna catch up to the Charger soon if you keep rolling this quick with that wagon!!
Cruises start back up here in April...I'll be driving the wagon by then, Tom. ;)
It will be at the ACES SE regional in May, too.
I should have the car back by this weekend. Will then start installing the windows, interior, and exterior trim. Bumpers are already done and their brackets have been powdercoated.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Really looks great, Bill! Will we see it in July at the Niagara show? Can't wait to see the complete, finished product. Would like to think there is a long-roof in my future but my roommmate doesn't think so, at least for now. Got to get her Nova done first!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.