Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody successfully put 1.6 ratio rockers on a stock 305, or 350. My 305 is bone stock, except for 1.5 ratio full roller rockers. They have become noisy recently, so I was thinking of adding just roller tipped rockers. I thought about adding 1.6 ratio this time, but I don't know if my valvespring are adequate enough. This is a stock cam as well. Has anybody done this without problems, and did it add power at all. I was hoping it would give me a little more power, and maybe a little better sound...Thanks in advance...Ronnie ( a brand new member)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Noisy???? That doens't sound right at all. I mean you can hear the rollers? ( well I can't I have a solid cam). Ronnie, before you spend bucks, I would reset my lash is all.

On a stock 305 the difference between 1.5 and 1.6 will not be noticeable anyway.

Maybe someone here has more experience with worn roller rockers than I, but I've never heard a loud set.

Adjust the valves first before you spend $$ needlessly.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Chaas
Gold #62
67 SS396/L88

·
Registered
738 Posts
Genes' right Ronnie. Save your funds and spend it elsewhere on the engine...you will be dissappointed after switching to 1.6's on your stocker - unfortunately, you won't see that much of a change at all IMO.

Roller rockers are typically louder than stock stamped rockers. It should not be too loud like a loud tapping or knocking noise. They should all be making about the same level of a light tapping noise. If the tapping noise you are hearing is coming from a specific location under the valve cover, then I would pull the cover, visually check for broken pushrods, rocker arms or valve springs and then readjust the valves. Hope this helps and welcome to the club bro!

------------------
1970 Malibu - 383 'Fog Fed' Stroker. Houston, Texas...Gold Member #39
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/wescolby2.jpeg
Keep America Beautiful - Drive A Brute Force Chevelle!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.