1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Knowing Roger, it was a top of the line build on a squeeky clean body.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
The wheels look ridiculous
The last photo in the listing shows the car with steel wheels.

Much better look, probably the way he built it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
A lot of money for a non SS car, regardless of who built it...about 20K too much IMO. As everyone knows, you never recover what you invest when building a car such as this.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Whats the point of mentioning the miles,if the car isnt original and has been totally modified and restored?
PS. Good luck at that price.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wheels look ridiculous
I like the wheelS but they are SO WRONG on a Chevelle. It looked so much better with the steelies.

Reactions: Georgia69

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
This car does nothing for me. It doesn't know what it wants to be....is it a restification or a pro touring car? :confused:

IMO, choose one build theme & run with it. If you upgrade to an LS engine touring suspension, & big wheels/brakes....modernize the interior. Feels like nothing on this car was well thought out & someone threw a bunch of parts at it.

As said, there are no words for those wheels/tires. :wacko: This car looked way nicer with the steelies/dog dishes.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
28,949 Posts
over the years (decades) Roger is about the best vendor we've had on here. IMO, all that.

Reactions: DUKE 69

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
28,949 Posts
yeah, I'd swap those wheels so fast it'd make your head spin. There's a lot of very nicely done stuff on this car.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Wheels are a little over the top but you could never build that car for the BIN.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Well I'm going to say the opposite from all you guys (as usual) and I do like the wheels. Steel wheels were the base wheels back then and still look cheap today (to me at least). I don't understand spending that much on a restoration only to put the cheapest wheels available. Seems to me that I'd want the "top-of-the-line" wheels that were available at the time... or some custom wheels like these... :thumbsup:
Claude. ;)

·
Registered
1967 Chevelle SS 396 L78 (Sold in 1970)
249 Posts
I bet this car presents much better in person. That color simply looks bland in the photos.....nothing spectacular at all....just plain! My favorite piece on this car is the bench seat! So cool, the interior is bone stock looking! Everyone likes different things.....that’s a steep price though....it will take a special buyer to drop that much on a car line this.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Well I'm going to say the opposite from all you guys (as usual) and I do like the wheels. Steel wheels were the base wheels back then and still look cheap today (to me at least). I don't understand spending that much on a restoration only to put the cheapest wheels available. Seems to me that I'd want the "top-of-the-line" wheels that were available at the time... or some custom wheels like these... :thumbsup:
Claude. ;)
I woulndt say aftermarket wheels wouldnt look good on this car, BUT these ones look awful with the rubber band tires. Theres sooooo many other choices pot there that would look better.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I bet this car presents much better in person. That color simply looks bland in the photos.....nothing spectacular at all....just plain! My favorite piece on this car is the bench seat! So cool, the interior is bone stock looking! Everyone likes different things.....that’s a steep price though....it will take a special buyer to drop that much on a car line this.
My first thought were the quality of the pictures. Looks bland in the direct sunlight. The best time is right at dusk. Just enough light for nice pictures, and not too dark

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
over the years (decades) Roger is about the best vendor we've had on here. IMO, all that.

I've been on this site 20+ years, but I don't recall Roger ever posting or advertising here.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Are you sure that is Roger's Car? It has California plates and shipping from FL. Strange.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts