Team Chevelle banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 1966 El Camino Custom model. We have taken off the aluminum rocker panel moldings. It has raised a couple questions I cannot answer at this point so am looking for help.

1. I am being told by someone that all rocker panel moldings for 1966 had black lines. The moldings we removed did not have black lines. The Year One catalog states they have both front and rear moldings for SS 396 models with black lines. I am trying to keep the body as close to original looks as possible so I would appreciate if anyone knows about this.
2. If I can use the existing ones then don't I need to have them anodized? Anyone know who might do this in Ohio?

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I do not think The Rear rocker molding extension, behind the rear wheel, is available for the El Camino. The EC is not an SS396 model. The rear quarter length is longer on the el camino.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
none of the pictures in Gunnell's Catalog show black lines nor do they look like there are recesses for black lines. my 66 is a 134 series so no rocker trim so compare.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
The SS and EL Camino got the black lines 3886231 & 3886232
The malibu got the plain 3886237 & 3886238. I just found out the malibu rockers have been reproduced and either are available or will be soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts