Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt my GC for my 307 today, tuned it in and I want to step the jets up to 51's or 52's. right now it has 49's. I live in chicopee, ma and I was wondering if their was anywhere close to my area that sold them, I used to know a place but they've since gone out of business. thank you...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'd try any local GM dealer. They may be able to help you, IF they are willing to look in the books. A part that old probably isn't in the computer anymore. I think that carb. was last made in the late '70s?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Go to someplace that sell Pontiac resto parts, There are lots of different jets avalable for Pontiac Tri Powers. Spotts Performance may have them, there is a web site for them.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
78malibu302

I have several clues into getting jets for your 2G.

According to my Rochester Carburators book by HP Books the GM part number for the jets you need will be 7002651 or 7002652. The last two numbers being the jet size. This is for a 60 degree approach jet. They also list a 90 degree approach jet with p/n 7002951 or 7002952 again with the last two numbers being the jet size.

If the GM dealer can't get them next I would try your local circle track. Many street stock classes still require the original type of carb. There are many of these 2G doing laps around tracks. If a racer had a set of 51 or 52's they might even give them to you because that would be a bit small for a race motor.

And lastly, if you can't find any Rochester jets you can have the carb body retapped for Holley jets. The Rochester jet is a fine thread and the Holley is a course thread and when you have it retapped to a Holley thread it basically knocks out every other thread. This is common for race carbs for tuning but it sounds like a little more than you might want to do.

If none of those work e-mail me and I will scrounge my old race parts to see if I have a set still.

Good luck.

R.J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.