Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read that Ringling Brothers circus will be closing at the end of May. I still remember my parents taking me and my sister a couple of times when we were little. I haven't thought much about them in years, even though they pass through every fall. It's one of those things that seems to have run its course. That's too bad.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
There are people who say that animals do not belong in zoos or the circus. That small faction has succeeded in gutting circuses so that animals can't be part of the act in certain jurisdictions (Toronto for one). Imagine a circus without lions, tigers and bears. So what will become of the freaks, the trapeze artists and people who get shot out of cannons?
What was the name of the 1954 movie on the circus, none other than "The Greatest Show on Earth".

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
There are people who say that animals do not belong in zoos or the circus. That small faction has succeeded in gutting circuses so that animals can't be part of the act in certain jurisdictions (Toronto for one). Imagine a circus without lions, tigers and bears. So what will become of the freaks, the trapeze artists and people who get shot out of cannons?
What was the name of the 1954 movie on the circus, none other than "The Greatest Show on Earth".
The Greatest Show on Earth with Charlton Heston is one of my all time favorite movies. I never miss it when it comes on the TV.

That small faction of people that you mention reminds me of one of the things Trump said during his campaign (and just one of many reasons I voted for him!!!) "Political correctness is killing us!"

·
Premium Member
14,047 Posts
From what I read, that circus has been in financial trouble for awhile and been thru many different owners too.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I read, that circus has been in financial trouble for awhile and been thru many different owners too.
I re-read the article I saw last night, it said the current owners bought the circus in 1967.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
A win for the PETA people.

Another loss for Americana.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Greatest Show on Earth with Charlton Heston is one of my all time favorite movies. I never miss it when it comes on the TV.

That small faction of people that you mention reminds me of one of the things Trump said during his campaign (and just one of many reasons I voted for him!!!) "Political correctness is killing us!"
As if on cue, several celebrities took to Twitter to celebrate its closing as a victory for the animals. In the article I read, only Shaquille O'niel was sad to seeming go.

Steve R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts