Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often have you ordered something to only have the vendor send the wrong stuff? Then they expect to you to pay for return shipping, then they will send you what you ordered the first time. Well last week I called Right Stuff and spoke to Doug about what I wanted for my 67 and to obtain pricing. I was thrilled with his knowledge of their products but was not ready to pull the trigger. Two days later I called to place my order....on Friday I opened my box and while reviewing the invoice I noticed they had shipped the rear brake line for a Hard Top and my car is a Convertible. I then looked at the bearings and they were from China. I had been looking at a bookmarked page I had saved showing they used Timken Bearings....I then checked their current site where their was no mention on who's bearing was in their kit. I called Monday morning and told Doug of the mix up on my rear brake line....He apologized and told me he had made a mistake....I then told him I was not overly thrilled with the Bearings. Doug was very polite and told me he would ship me my new brake line and apologized for my mis understanding on the bearings. I was NEVER asked to send back the Hard Top brake line. Today I received my new brake line with a set of 2 Timken bearings and 2 Federal Mogal bearings all at no charge. I just felt he went out of his way to make me a satisfied customer and for this I am truly thankful....A big thumbs to to Right Stuff Detailing for their product and Customer Support.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I used their kit too and was pleased:thumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
great man. glad you got what you wanted. i do want to clear up something about bearings for everyone though. some timken bearings are made in china. i used to work for bearing dist., and i take timken bearings out of box just to look at them and china is stamped on them. part no. begins with LM.... i am not sure about all but some are. i am really glad you are happy though. my kit also had timkens! just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I bought all my SS brake and fuel lines, my booster and MC from Doug a RS. He is super. Any company can and will make mistakes. It's how they resolve them that counts. Right Stuff's customer service and Doug are both first class. Doug has helped me through the brake restoration and rebuilding process for over a year. Buying from RS and Doug are one of the right things I've done on this project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts