Team Chevelle banner

Rick's Restomod Tank for 66 - 67 questions

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cage2592 
#1 ·
Anyone using Rick's Restomod fuel tank in their 66 or 67?

A few questions:
  • What's the part number
  • Does it have the holders for the Vaporworx pickups (one video shows they do)
  • How well does it work
  • Any baffling in the tank
  • It looks like the tank uses a can around the pump to prevent starvation if not using GM's pump is that correct.

I have a Tanks Inc tank with 525 LPH pump but it looks like I'll need dual fuel pumps if I want to run E85. The Tanks Inc tank opening is too small for a dual in tank pump setup so I'm looking at Rick's. I'm not real fond of the looks of Rick's stainless steel since they appear to hang lower and it being bright and shiney.

#4 ·
We have done a few FI mods and or guys that want electric pumps. Several months ago we did a belt driven mech fuel pump system and after that have done a few more. If I ever went FI or elec pump, Id do the belt driven and be done with all the issues. about $1000-$1400K pending how serious you want to go. Yes more than a pump and tank kit but, plenty of fuel to 2000hp, E85 compatible, no noise, no elec or elec drain, no just stop working. Just need a tank with good supply lines.

I think most just aren't aware of the this since its not more widely done.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.