Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '69 Malibu with a column shift TH350 bolted to a 350 small block. Over the next few months, I plan on converting it to a manual transmission. I know a muncie would be the easiest choice, as it was a factory option. But I would like more gears. Has anyone tried using the Richmond Six Speed overdrive transmission? Can it be used? Any help and/or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I am in the same procees for my '68, go from Powerglide to manual. I am looking at the Tremec 5 speed manual because I will go with a big block engine that puts out 540 HP and 580 ftlbs of torque.
I know that the Richmond has been put in early Chevelles but I am not sure what it entails to do it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Try engine and drivetrain. Also there have been many articles in Chevy Performance in the past few years that show exactly how to do this install and what parts to use. Their are some companies that can help out with your project but you'd have to find the articles and read em'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.