Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I made it down to 5 cars in No/E, racing a slower car he took off, I took off, I cut a .5009 light, rearend breaks, I pull over to the side, guy I'm racing keeps going and breaks out by .02 :) I am not leaking anything so I limp the car down track and back to the trailer. I have the best light of the remaining 3 cars so I get a bye to the finals, all I had to do was stage the car, break the beams under its own power, back up and I'm in the finals. Everyone knows I'm broke now so I load it up and collect runnerup money.

My son won Trophy class too:hurray:

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
The 12 bolt design flaws even show up in the pro gears eventually. Count the runs and change accordingly. Or.....Change for durability. You do put a significant load on your rear end with your car's launch, which is very impressive. Just me.

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
I made it down to 5 cars in No/E, racing a slower car he took off, I took off, I cut a .5009 light, rearend breaks, I pull over to the side, guy I'm racing keeps going and breaks out by .02 :) I am not leaking anything so I limp the car down track and back to the trailer. I have the best light of the remaining 3 cars so I get a bye to the finals, all I had to do was stage the car, break the beams under its own power, back up and I'm in the finals. Everyone knows I'm broke now so I load it up and collect runnerup money.

My son won Trophy class too:hurray:
Nothing like being heavily experienced. :) I'll bet that guy with the slower car won't be doing that one again anytime soon. The price of education remains high. :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Bob, I checked with a Perf warehouse we deal with. They have 1 set. PM me if you want me to look into it. Sorry to hear you broke but aleast you collected some money for the gears.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Bob,

I've ordered 2 sets of 12-bolt Richmond Pro gears over the last year. Took 3-4 months to get them each time. Although was told leadtime was 2-3 weeks both times.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Bob, pm me so I don't forget I'll check with Nickels tomorrow, I am a dealer with them, and can have it drop shipped right to you if they have them in stock.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your help, I had to get my feelers out there, if my local guy falls through I'll be in touch, hard to find anything out on a Sunday. The gears have been in the car for just over 2 yrs. I cant complain about that, 400+ passes. I cant do 4.56's Garret, wont make it thru the 1/4 mile very many times ;)

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Bob,

I admit I have never run a 12 bolt but in a 9 in. I think too many guys think they need to step up to pro gears when they really don't have to. I ran Richmond pro street (9 in.) in the last version of my vette race car and never had an issue (1.13 60' and lots of 60's in the mid teens) Of couse my car is lighter, but I had a lot more tire and power. Have you considered going with a pro-street gear? You might get a lot better life out of them.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I played with nitrous a couple years back, broke the original gears in the Moser housing, not sure what they were, went to Richmond street gears and broke them a month later, at that time the car wasnt hooking as it does now and I think blowing the tires off on a consistent basis when playing with the nitrous took its toll. I took the nitrous off the car and the pro gear has served me well. I dont like the fact that I cant really drive the car much on the street with pro gears, but I am thinking about playing with nitrous again, my son is gaining on me ;)

·
Premium Member
7,358 Posts
Moser told me that street gears was good to 600 hp if more and dragracing they recomended Pro gears.

Marcus

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Man I hate when that happens going rounds when broke did you win enough to replace the gears?

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I won 250.00 and solidified my spot at 3rd in points, 2 points out of 2nd with 1 points race to go. :D

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
Bob,

I admit I have never run a 12 bolt but in a 9 in. I think too many guys think they need to step up to pro gears when they really don't have to. I ran Richmond pro street (9 in.) in the last version of my vette race car and never had an issue (1.13 60' and lots of 60's in the mid teens) Of couse my car is lighter, but I had a lot more tire and power. Have you considered going with a pro-street gear? You might get a lot better life out of them.
you NEED PRO GEARS in a 12 bolt

1 - 20 of 36 Posts