Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i have a question. The reverse lights in my chevelle have never been hooked up as long as ive owned the car (4 years now) and i was wondering what type of reverse light switch will i need? i have the m-21 with a hurst comp shifter. i was flipping through a year one catalog and i see a reverse light switch for models equipped with hurst shifters (does not specify if its for a/t or m/t. does anyone have any info on this? or maye evern any pictures or diagrams? i am pretty lost at this point and the last thing i want to do is go around buying the wrong parts. thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
318 Posts
when i bought the reverse switch for my m-20 swap with a hurst shifter, 660 maincase trans, there was the reverse switch and the bracket that i bought, separately, haven't installed it yet though

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Buy the Hurst reverse light switch....it mounts to the rear shifter stop bolt on the rear portion of the shifter and the plunger is depressed by the reverse lower lever portion. Not real expensive, seems to be a quality unit. Under the dash, there's a two flat blade harness female connector with one pink and one green wire to it....you can just make your own two wires going to the switch with ends.:yes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MUCH thanks guys! i had no idea where to look. now seems like a cake job, thanks again!

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.