Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to rig a reverse light switch on my '67 with Muncie. The stock shifter will be replaced. They weren't that good and this one's been hacked. I have a diagram of the stock switch assy and it looks like a rats nest complete with a rod. Does this stock assy work with aftermarket shifters, or should I just rig a Hurst switch to work. I want function reliability and don't need to keep the underneath of the car too stock.

------------------

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The stock switch I know will work with a Hurst competition plus. The stock switch is expensive, advertised for $55. If you only need the adj. rod use a piece of coathanger. If you are buying a hurst anyway their switch is probably cheaper.

W

·
0 Posts
Hey Gene, that Hurst shifter I have is for the Chevelle with or without console, I have just the shifter head and the mounting plate. Make you a super deal!!!!! You can buy the rod and arms as a kit. Hey man, this one has character! Such a deal!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wally, all I know is that judging by all the cussing I heard under the car as my firnd setup the non-functional original shifter that came with the car, it's near FUBAR and needs replacement. Define character?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.