Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a 400 small block with an isky solid roller cam. the rev kit that came with the cam won't fit under the heads i have(dart iron eagle) could i run the motor with out the rev kit, or sould i try to modify it to work with my heads? what are the pros and cons of runnig the rev kit?
thanks chris

------------------
pics of my elcowww.chevelles.com/showroom/chrisfast66hb1.jpg

[This message has been edited by fast66hb (edited 10-24-2001).]

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I tried to run a rev kit on my 406 with Iron Eagle heads; the heads don't have the area under the middle of the head where the exhaust crossover would be at the same level as the rest of the underside of the head. In other words, the aluminum plates that fit under the heads have no support in the middle and would bend severely while the engine was running.

I ended up calling the cam manufacturer and went with a heavier spring that would allow the 7500 rpm I wanted without needing a rev kit.

If you measured the distance needed in the middle to take up the slack you could have some aluminum spacers built and tig welded to the backside of the plates for support. I was going to do this but decided to just run different springs.

Jody

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the quick responses, jody nailed my problem, 400, dart heads, no cross over, rev kit. i talked to isky, but there rep left a lot to be desired. thats why i come here! i think im feeling creative, so ill try to make a spacer, if i cant i'll just run with out it.
thanks chris

------------------
pics of my elcowww.chevelles.com/showroom/chrisfast66hb1.jpg

[This message has been edited by fast66hb (edited 10-25-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.