Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Quadrajet carb off a late 1967 Chevelle SS that has been rebuilt and restored by Phil at Custom Rebuilt Carbs. Its a 7027216 with a F 7 build date which I take as June 7th 1967. Its never been run since the restoration a year ago and it looks like new. I can't find any for sale to base a price on. It was on a July built 325hp 396 Chevelle SS with an automatic tranny. I saw that this was also used on Camaro's with the 396 and passenger cars with the 385hp 427. Thanks for any thoughts on its value.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
There is one listed on eBay for $795 with $200 back when they get back a core with the same number. Is it a California only carb, or something that makes it unique?

Steve R

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is one listed on eBay for $795 with $200 back when they get back a core with the same number. Is it a California only carb, or something that makes it unique?

Steve R
Steve its a real late carb that was used in 67. It says third design. It also says it was for a 67 Chevelle and Camaro, 325hp 396 with an automatic and no A.I.R as in the smog pump. It was also used on the 385hp 427 in passenger cars so my guess would be the Impala SS427 and anything else that you could order with that engine. I think that the California cars would have had to have the A.I.R. system on them.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Steve its a real late carb that was used in 67. It says third design. It also says it was for a 67 Chevelle and Camaro, 325hp 396 with an automatic and no A.I.R as in the smog pump. It was also used on the 385hp 427 in passenger cars so my guess would be the Impala SS427 and anything else that you could order with that engine. I think that the California cars would have had to have the A.I.R. system on them.
That's right, I have some friends with that have had trouble finding carbs for their California cars. With only one listed on eBay that made me think it was a possibility.

Thanks for the explanation.

Have a happy new year.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Steve R
They say in that listing that you get the carb in the pictures. That's not the right carb. The carb number is stamped on a piece of metal in a small circle on the drivers side of this carb. That one is a later carb than that. I did come across a factory replacement carb with the same numbers that was stamped into the carb body but it was built in 1970.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts