Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to team chevelle. i am trying to find out if any of you out there have someone you can recommend to restore a 69 dash instrument bezel. there are several advertizers who state that they can do triple chrome plate on plastic. my piece is extremly hard to find. the one i have is in excellent condition and i do not want to be the one they experiment on. if you can give me some positive direction it would be greatly appreciated. thanks mark

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Hi Mark,

Welcome to Team Chevelle.

I had a bezel restored a couple years ago for my previous 69 convertible. Mr. G's in TX did the work. They eventually got it in presentable shape, but they had to do it twice (with me eating the extra ~$40 shipping cost :mad: ) ,it took a total of about 7 months, and cost was about $350. With that amount of time and money, you might like to think it would be practically flawless, but it was not. I would call it good driver quality. To their credit, they did do a good job repairing damaged mounting screw holes.

There is, or was, another place called American Plastic Chrome Plating in MI doing similar work, but I'm not sure if they are still around. Perhaps others here know for sure.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Mark and Bill,

I used American Plastic Chrome out of MI several years ago and they did an excellent job the first time around. And I don't recall paying as much as you did Bill. The last info discussed here at TC is that they are definitly out of buisness.

I would reccomend contacting American Classis Restorations, Inc. Uxbridge MA
1-(508)-278-0020

[email protected]

I had them restore my guages for me and did an excellent job the first time. They may be able to help with the plastic chrome. Not sure though?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts