Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1971 SS 454, M22, a/c Body off resto. Last week I finally stop putting down hours and declared my El Camino done. It started life as SS bought thru Ricardson Chevrolet, Houston TX (have bulit sheet) I bought it in 2005 and started resto in Dec 06. 7 mos later my daughter was killed by drunk Chgo cop so I lost 5 years but realized the best therapy was to get back into resto. so for the rest of years i got it done between surgeries (8) It is all stock w/ exceptions of paint, ac comp, exhuast and 1 secret mod you will have to find. EVERYTHING was done by me! so if there is a paint flaw or something not correct nobody to blame but me. Motor,trans and rear end all rebuilt by professionals in there field.
I have been on this site since I started resto and cannot remember all the people that have helped me but I can tell you I appreciated any and all help i received. So ThankYou All. Heres a few pictures to enjoy.
Tony G
Clarkridge,AR

Attachments

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. Your elco looks absolutely stunning. Great job.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Awesome job Tony. Congratulations on a job well done.

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
JUST BEAUTIFUL................. WELL DONE.......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You are now LEGAL to drive down " Copperhead Road ".............:wink2:
Bob

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,218 Posts
Love the color and detail.

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
Congrats on completing a long and bumpy journey. She sure is pretty. So are you going to drive it everywhere or is it a trailer queen now?

·
Registered
11,952 Posts
Make sure and put lots of miles on it!! Those Keystones with the color works for your car

Really digging the undercarriage in body color love the way that looks !!! Wanted to do the same but figured white wasnt a smart choice. lol

With your story thats truly a labor of love, any time you drive shes riding shotgun and you know it.
PLease dont let it rot in a garage. The underside will hold up fine to many thousands of miles

·
Gold Founding Member
758 Posts
Awesome car! Good job!

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Beautiful car. You do realize they are never done, postponed maybe, but never done.

Reactions: RAIDER SS

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I'm not much of an el camino guy, but yours has to be the nicest one i've seen. Looks great. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
GEE MA NEEZ! Tony, you are feeding my " wanna Elky" addiction but bad! I could never do what you did, but its inspirational!

Copperhead indeed! ( theres a lot of detail and I cant find that one 'secret' thing you mentioned - yet!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts