Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARGH!

Front Lower A arms: What other vehicles have the same front lower A arms as my 68 ElCamino?

I found today that the previous owner replaced one with a totally different model's A arm. Grr! So my brand new rebuild kit has to wait to go in.

TIA

------------------
--Amanda :)

Proud owner of a 68 ElCam

http://www.geocities.com/el_camino_ca/

"Sometimes the only reason to get out of bed in the morning is to wear a new shirt."

·
Administrator
16,197 Posts
Amanda, I think all the A bodies from 64 - 72 were the same. The parts book shows them using the same ball joints and bushings. Some had an oval bushing in them but the arm itself would interchange.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Gold Member #42
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
[email protected]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about newer cars? Mid 70s elkys or Chevelles? I want something I can pull off a car at a "pick and pull" type place (then again, don't we all).

TIA

------------------
--Amanda :)

Proud owner of a 68 ElCam

http://www.geocities.com/el_camino_ca/

"Sometimes the only reason to get out of bed in the morning is to wear a new shirt."

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Hi Amanda!
Wish I was back in Claremont -- I have a complete set of front and rear A-arms from a 64 Chevelle. But that's probably the last thing you want to hear, since I can't get them from Wisconsin.
Good luck, I bet you can find them at the pick-a-part. There are usually plenty of decrepit old Skylarks and Cutlass/LeMans models in the Ontario yard, so I'm assuming that's true for the bay area?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Amanda, Welcome home! If you really get stuck, call Memory Lane in Sun Valley CA. I left my planner at work...no number for them at home. They are in the 818 area code. They WILL have what you want and will UPS it to you. They're great!

------------------
Dale P.
Team Chevelle Member# 423
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Amanda,
Just before Thanksgiving the Ontario Pick-A-Part had a 69 Lemans. It was pretty complete when I saw it. Probably gone now. If you got the time drop on over and see what they have.

Oh, one other thing. Last year I talked to Doug Norrdin at Global West and (if my feeble memory is still working) I think he mentioned he has some control arms. Also try True Connections in Riverside of the 91 Fwy. They are tearing down chevelles every day.

------------------
1967 Malibu
1967 Impala SS396 Conv.

[This message has been edited by garyB (edited 12-22-1999).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.