Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Respect for the Original...???

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  von 
#1 ·
I'm new, so don't harp on me too bad. I have had 3 chevelles over the last 30 years or so. A real nice Sport Sedan (totally rusted on the bottom half), A dented up Coupe with a list, and a solid 4Dr sedan. The question I have is with all my previous cars I modified the original to fit my needs and driving habits (personality). Now I have the extreme pleasure to once again come across a solid, # match 4Dr Sedan that was owned by a little ol' lady that only put 35K miles on it, and it still has ALL the paperwork. It's all there, except the radio. Now, do I do like I've always done and customize the crap out of this to fit my needs today, or have times changed and is this car something that should be put back to Showroom condition. If so, I think I have a nice 4Dr for sale *smiles*.

#2 ·
I would customize the four-door but not to the point where you can't go back. Keep the parts you take off it (old wheels, wheelcovers, seats, etc) so you can go back when you sell it. Who knows, with virgin coupes getting harder to come by, 4-doors might come next.

------------------
1970 Chevy El Camino (Custom) Non-SS
Will be Green Mist & Silver w/Green Vinyl Top (now black)
350ci/300HP 4bbl & Dual Exhaust
TH-350 - 2.73 Posi Rear - Factory PS, PB, PW, A/C & More
My El Camino Home Page
Owner - 1969 Snowco Trailer
Team Chevelle Member #995
"..dreams turn into dust and blow away"- Dionne Warwick (1968)

#3 ·
In my opinion, You shouldn't be too concerned about modifying it. 4 door cars aren't worth too much. My malibu was #"s matching, but it is just a Malibu so I modified the hell out of it. Unless it's some super low production car or Elvis or someone like that owned it, have at it. BTW, that would make a killer sleeper with say, a 502

------------------
Steve Beuth

69 Malibu ZZ4-350
93 Camaro Z28
99 Silverado
Chevelle pics

#5 ·
Thanks guys, I've been geting some slack for the ol'timers saying I was an idiot changing it. But that's what we did with those, took what GM had to offer and made it Better. BTW, I am keeping all the old stuff, even if it's slightly scratched or dented, but I don't see me selling this one like I did the others. And I only run a 350...40 over, balanced, flattops, ported 1.94's w/ 460/480 lift cam....and stock dual plane, Q-Jet with original cleaner. Not much to look at but she's got it when I want it. And oh, I did tell you I do all my own airbrushing(check out "chicks on my hood") *chuckles*. Thanks again, I'll keep looking back here for the other opinion...

#7 ·
Well, honestly it's not my thing, but it's amazingly well done. You've got some great talent.

Maybe I should get an old Cargo van and have you do some sort of Danzig/Jaguar God motif on the side.

Kurt

#9 ·
Decide what you want - a collector car or a driver then check my signature below

------------------
Make it the way you like it, forget what the other guys say!

#11 ·
I have a 4 door thats orig with the paperwork but its beat. Rolling rust distributer. I realy like the car and want to do a lot with its shape but finding anything for the rear is a joke, a bad one.

If you have the means and the dreams I say do it to it.

------------------
Francis Taracido Gold# 201
sniper0666@aol.com
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.
Oh No! You Know She's Got To Go!
Go Go Quadzilla! <oo=+=oo>
http://members.aol.com/sniper0666/page/intro.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.