Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Von's question about blasting intakes brings to mind another question I've been meaning to ask:

In the past there have been several people around that refinish aluminum intakes and valve covers. At least one of them, American Specialties in Sparks Nevada refered to the process as reskinning. (unfortuantely they seem to no longer be in business) There stuff was so nice it looked absolutely correct and new. He was also able to finish welds and repairs with this same process where it was undetectable. He told me once that it was done with chemicals, but that's as far as the description went. I've tried everything I can find for alum., including the acids they clean trailers with, straight sulfuric and several wheel cleaners and nothing is close. Anybody know what works?

·
Registered
287 Posts
This place advertises it as well. http://www.z28camaro.com/company.html Everyone seems to keep the process a secret. If the average guy know what to do, we'd do it at home, save money, and not contribute to their profits. I once heard that they tumble the parts in scrap aluminum. Don't know if that's true.

[This message has been edited by Steve A (edited 01-20-2002).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.