Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i did my frame off resto around 8 years ago. car looks fantastic i love it. EXCEPT the dang doors. i am so unhappy with them its not even funny. I reskinned them with skins from NPD (korean made) and they fit like crap. i dont know wether i did them wrong or what. maybe the shell it self is bent? anyways, they dont fit flush with the fenders curve nor the quarters curve. hard to explain but they seem more flatter while the fenders and quarters are more rounded. I know the fenders and quarters are perfect since they are NOS gm parts i bought from my local dealer who had them laying around. The car looks so good not a wave in it except the dang doors have waves. they also dont have the right gaps. i tryed everything i could before i sent it to paint and i still couldnt get them to line up. so i just said screw it. and sent it off to paint, and i told myself id find a different set of doors later down the road and get them painted.

i have been trying to find Mint 69 gm doors but im not having any luck. would the repro complete shells work from OPG? i am desperate, i take it to shows and i am worried everyone is looking at my doors like WTF.

help a brother out lol.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
My advice is to keep on lookin for some good original doors. I have yet to find repop sheet metal that is up to my standards and you sound pretty picky too!

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I don't have any first hand experience with the repop doors. but I do have a buddy that builds one or two chevelles a year and he been very satisfied with the complete doors from goodmark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.