Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to change the wire over to 12 gauge this weekend, i`ve read in past posts about resordering the new wire to the old pin in the connector , how did you guys get that old pin out? :confused: to resoder the new wire to it, its a 67 chevelle

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Is that a picture of the firewall fuse block?? Nice job !!!

Are you replacing the positive feed to the distibutor?

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
looks like one of those small eye glass screw drivers to me.

Does anyone know if these are the same connectors they use on a 69 Chevelle?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the thing apart, called pep boys, they say they have one in stock, so i`ll take the 30 mile trip thanks for all the help

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Does anyone know how this wire comes out of the 69 fuse block? Mine looks different from this picture above.

Was that picture taken from inside the engine compartment on the firewall? year of car?

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The previously shown bulk head connector is typical of 64 to 67 the same terminal is used in both, the forward lamp/engine harnesses and the firewall/dash, connectors.

Here's a pic. The top are the connectors on the engine/forward lamp harnesses. It has the male terminals and are removed as shown. The bottom is the connector attached the firewall/dash harness. It has the female terminals and are removed as shown. Top right is a pic of the two terminals.

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Excellent pictures Elree,just what I was looking for.

I had removed the center bolt but was afraid to pull on the forward lamp/engine harnesses for fear of tearing it up,not knowing how it came apart.

My question now is, do I just pry it away from the firewall after the center bolt is removed or do I some how have to try and push in all those little clips?? :confused:

It doesn't seem the latter would be very logical.

Thanks for all this helpful knowledge....

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
I looked at the picture again and see that the "CLIPS" are removed as shown. The harness just pry's apart from firewall, correct?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts