Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody seen one of these grill and if so how do they fit?
ground up make this grill.
thanks
joe

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Joe

I've been slowly accumulating parts for my '65 resto for some years. About 10-12 yr. ago I ordered a new repro grille. It was unsatisfactory--all kinds of machine marks from the tooling, and i sent it back. A couple of years ago I ordered one that was a genuine GM (NOS I guess). From Modern Chevrolet in Winston-Salem, NC I think. It was fine and price was OK. I think you can still get a new GM grille for a '65.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought a repro grill for my '66 and the fit and finish were fine. Compared to the original they looked very much the same as far as thickness, etc. The only major diference was that the fasteners on the repro are different from the stock.

------------------
'66 Chevelle SS396/375
'71 Karmann Ghia Convt.
'55 Chevy Convt.
'53 Chevy COE

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got the complete kit (65) from Original Parts Group and I'm happy with it.

The one thing that I did different was in the attachment of the pieces that go on the far sides (on the fender). On each side, there are two "attachments" that are just "push-in" clips (this is factory correct). I ended up getting additional "stud" type clips and used them (like what is at the upper point of attachment). Getting the nuts and washers on is a MAJOR pain, but it allows you to move the parts around for a better alignment.

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference section
Gold Member #5

·
Registered
8 Posts
If price is an issue, you can get one from "True Connections" for a good deal. I checked and its $181. I don't know what the other prices are but hope that helps!
the number is (909) 688-6939

------------------
69'Malibu 350

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks cooter
i will give them a call
do they sell other items ?
joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cooter:
If price is an issue, you can get one from "True Connections" for a good deal. I checked and its $181. I don't know what the other prices are but hope that helps!
the number is (909) 688-6939
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

W

·
0 Posts
I would check with the GM store, a few years ago this grill was still available.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.