Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the new '67 Chevelle reproduction (front) bumpers compare to OEM? Do they have the same gage material? How is the quality of chrome?

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I picked up my hood I got to see a repo bumper that was in stock. I thought it looked pretty good. At first I thought it felt lighter that the original bumper. But when I got home my bumper did not seem any heavier that the repo. I think the chrome on the repo looks great. And for $179 you can't beat the price.
Don

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who has them for $179? And are there any rear bumpers for the 67 Elcamino? Mine are ok just that they've been straightend about 3 or 4 times.

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Cardiac,
I can't find anyone making rear bumpers for a 67 Elky. If you find someone, please let me know. A local shop here wants $300 to straighten and rechrome. Ouch!

FWIW...I have looked at some of the fronts, and they look good to me. Good luck. Jeff.

------------------
Got Chevelles?
Jeff Carpenter
65 Malibu Convertible- www.littlecars.com/car1.jpg
67 Elky project- www.littlecars.com/67.JPG
Team Chevelle Gold #61

·
Registered
313 Posts
I got one from Ground Up when they first came out. Had to send the first one back due to flaking chrome and a crack, but the second seems fine. The gauge feels slightly lighter than the stock unit I took off. I'm saving the old one and still may re-chrome it one day.
jmw

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JeffC - I know the feeling all to well regarding the rear bumper

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've looked at about 10 re-popped bumpers for a 66. Out of 10, 2 looked good enough to put on the car. Most had grind marks you could see through the chrome, blisters that looked like a wart under the chrome, etc. If you buy one, make sure that you can retutn it if you're not satisfied. Try to eyeball it before you buy it if you can. I think the quality will improve with time, but right now, it's a little risky.

------------------
Bob Murray 66 Malibu
Greenfield, Indiana (Indianapolis)
TC Gold #49
Aces #01941
NCOA #20838

·
Registered
501 Posts
If you need a 67 El Camino rear bumper try The Bumper Man, his name is Bill Johnson, the phone number is 213-777-1492 or 213-771-2860. He is located in LA CA. I got my 67 El Camino bumper from him, I traded 4 bumper cores for a rechromed bumper, His prices are very resonable. If he dosent have the bumper he can proably get it. He has many years of rechromed Chevelle bumpers in stock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought a 67 SS hood for $299 and the bumper was $179. The place a shop in Tenn called White's. It is a very small operation and most of there prices seem very good. You can contact them at 877 219-3527. They would be able to send a catalog and let you know if they stock it or have to order it.

Don
Cincinnati,Ohio

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KEN - I think the "Bumper Man" comes up to Wash swap meets every year. I completly forgot about him. I'll look for him at the next swap meet, at least for a rear bumper.

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.