Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else bought a set yet?

I just got then today. They look like excelent reproductions. You have a chouce on the amps/volts guage. You can get either in that spot. I chose the volt guage.

I'll be putting them in the cluster this weekend but wont fire them up for a few months. The shell is still off the frame.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They came with the nylon tube kit for the oil pressure guage and also the coolant temp sending unit.

The oil pressure is mechanical instead of electrical.
Wasnt the original oil pressure guage electrical.???

I'll post some pics of anyone wants to see them. ??

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The oil pressure is mechanical instead of electrical. Wasnt the original oil pressure guage electrical.???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the original 66-67 guages use a mechanical oil pressure guage, with a metal line/tube...

Where did you get them from?

I think there are several different versions (different manufacturers), so it would be interesting to see pictures and know which they were...

One magazine installed some recently, but by the pictures, they didn't look that good of a reproduction... Shiftworks has pictures on their site, and those seem to look pretty good...

------------------

"Once you go RAT, you never go back..."
TC #1366
Tony
The Chevelle
Dual Quad 396
Side View

[This message has been edited by 1966_L78 (edited 02-21-2003).]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are from shiftworks.

They look original, they look well made, so lets hope they work well, and last.

They arnt cheap at $200.

The bottom shot looks cloudy from the dust on the lenz. I guess I should have dusted it off before the shots.

The mounting plates on the back are stamped "shiftworks". I believe they are the supplier "maker" so anyone else selling them are getting them from them I'd say.

[This message has been edited by Y2KZX12R (edited 02-21-2003).]

·
Registered
8 Posts
this is just the guages right? Not the whole dash insert. I would like to change my shift plate to represent the 4 speeds I have instead of the old powerglide P N D L I have now.

------------------
67 chevelle Malibu
You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate ....
.... But bad girls get what they ask for!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tha front lenz is available but the quality is poor. The silkscreening is not accurate and doesnt line up well at all.

The metal plate behind the lenz thou? I havent seen it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I put these in my 66 Elky this winter. They work great, and look very original. Only problem I had was trying to straighten out the plastic oil pressure line -- comes all coiled up.
Overall an excellent kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts