Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a "wish list" item, but does anyone may a repro wiper switch for 60's two speed wiper motors with a mist feature? It would have to fit in the round hole original dash mounting.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
Me too. How about an intermittant wiper switch for a 70? I'd pay good money for this item. I think the problem is that the motor is different too.

Tom

·
Administrator
15,811 Posts
Tom, I had checked into doing that with my 70. I looked at a friends K5 blazer, I think it was an 81, but one of the last years with a dash mounted switch. The switch appeared to fit the dash the same as the 70, and the motor also looked like it would interchange. The switch slid sideways like the 70 and had a knob that was rotated for setting the delay and pushed in to start the wash cycle, also had the mist position if pushed to the left that would run the motor one cycle. Of course the wiring would have to be changed. I wanted to do a test fit but the blazer was for sale and my friend did not want me taking it apart. From what I could see I think it would be doable. I sold my 70 so I won't get to try it.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phil thanks, I'll file that away for a winter project. Should be able to find a few dead 81 blazers in the yards around here.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
Phil, thanks for taking time to post that. I also will be looking at this as a winter project.

Tom

·
Registered
777 Posts
To all involved with this thread,
Thanks for bringing to the light something that I think of everytime it lightly rains and we're in the Chevelle. Going to consider this in the winter as well!

------------------
Fred
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.
'70 Chevelle
www.geocities.com/motorcity/shop/9385/1970Chevelle.html

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Fred. I remember a thread a while back about what you upgrade to make your oldie suitable for commuting. Everyone was all over the brake issue ( discs v. drum ), but the last few nights around here we've had drizzly rain and fog. Modern wipers would be nice. I expect a big run on '81 Blazer wiper switches this winter!

I sure you folks up in the Pacific Northwest would love these!

Thnx all.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 08-16-99).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.