Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys:
I just removed my entire on replacing the existing SS dash equipped with idiot lights with a new dash and a full gauge package, new dash harness, engine harness, front marker harness, and the mid harness. I will be getting the parts from OPG.

My question is how difficult do is this to connect the new dash harnesses to the gauges. Are the wires color coded and marked appropriately to determine which gauge they attach to? Looking at the rest of the wiring harnesses they don’t seen to difficult. The dash harness is the one I am most concerned about.

Any feed back or suggestions before I tear everything out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brad Howard

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoeP:
Do you have a web site for M&H?

Thanks
Brad Howard

·
Registered
220 Posts
Brad If the new harness has no instructions where each wire goes. Do this. Get a booklet of electricians numbers. As you remove each wire, put a # on it and write down where it goes. Do this to every wire. Once removed. Lay the harness along side the new one. Put coresponding #s on the new harness. This is fool proof. Plus you have future reference for future use.
Ron

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Originally posted by Steve S:
It would help to know what year you are talking about.
Yep, I agree. Probably missing the ammeter wires if that what the OPG stuff uses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts