Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been chasing electrical gremlins (wonder why AMC built a car with that name), and I am getting to the point of !^&%#()!_!

I have started to look at the replacement harness that are avaliable from all our favorite supplier's. Has anyone had experience with the harnesses from Year One ? I want to be able to get a new dash harness and engine side harnesses and just plug'em in.

Am I asking for too much ? If there is a company that I should avoid, please let me know, either by direct mail or post it for everyone to know.

Thanks in Advance

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Chesterville, Ontario, Canada.
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350

WebSite www.magma.ca/~ssoltesz/steves/1964.htm

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I put a forward light harness in a 69 Camaro using Year One's harness. Only thing I can say is they seem to be the most $$. But returns and tech support are there. So you get what you pay for.

You might try Ron Francis "Wire Works". I haven't used them, but have heard a lot of good things about them.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~adams.6/chevy.htm
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086

·
Registered
622 Posts
I installed a Year One forward light harness in my 64 - I ordered it pre modified for an internally regulated alternator. Plugged it in and away I went - worked first time , no problem.Car never had an internally reg. alternator before, but it worked GREAT!

------------------
Gotta have a Chevy !In Durham N.C.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I put in all new harness from M & H electrical fabricators. Bought them direct. They have a webb page. They are the same company that supplies to year one and many of the others. The cost was a lot less buying direct.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike...

What's the Web Address for those guy's that you mention.

I am up to here o^v^o with the electrical gremlin's. It seems that every wire has corrosion inside the plastic coating.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike...

I just checked out the site and printed their catalogue etc...

TERRIFIC! Thanks for the input! You weren't kidding about the excellent pricing and the capability for mods too!

I'm sold!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.