Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help in identifying the name of....and locating a replacement for the following item would be appriciated:

If while sitting in a '68 or '69 chevelle [or most any other Chevelle, I'm sure] you look up ahead of you.....where the headliner "meets" the top of the windshield.....there is a strip of flexable plastic(?) material extending from piller to piller, who's purpose seems to be to form a neat "ending" to the headliner where it is to meet the windshield.

This object in my car is old, getting "sticky and gummy, and is cracking and falling apart. The problem is that knowbody I have spoken with knows what it is called or can suggest a replacement....

Anyone out there got any suggestions and/or sources?

Thanks,

Mike O'Halloran

·
Registered
335 Posts
mike
Ground up ,the Team chevelle sponsor sells it in their catalog.
It's called the inner front windshield molding upper.
It is made out of urethane and says to call for a price for 1968-1972.
The 1964 - 1967 one sells for $14.95.
The part # for the !968-!972 is IT-3333 Their phone # is 1-866-358-2277 toll free

[This message has been edited by c.c.c (edited 07-08-2002).]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....thanks guys. I'll give 'em a shout!

Mike O'H

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I need these moldings too. Unfortunately they
are not available yet anywhere that I have found including Ground UP..They are in the tooling process but have not been released for resale per Ground UP and had also received similar response from southwest classics in TX.

------------------
best regards
Importtech

·
Registered
825 Posts
NPD carries the Pich-on windlace vinyl trim. .75 cents per foot. I am looking at it in the catalogue. I am not sure if its original but they have it listed.

Deon

------------------
Deon
72SS454 Clone
Website

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 72SS454Chevelle:
NPD carries the Pich-on windlace vinyl trim. .75 cents per foot. I am looking at it in the catalogue. I am not sure if its original but they have it listed.

Deon

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
When I think of windlace I think of the large vinyl welt cord that finishes out the front of the rear quarter door panels. Im not sure what your looking at but it might work..I'm not sure..Does NPD have a website??I'll keep looking but I've had no success in find the molding Mike needs for my 68 either.

------------------
best regards
Importtech

[This message has been edited by Importtech (edited 07-10-2002).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts